Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • Can I pay my bill with a credit card?

  • Where can I find a campus map?

  • The Burke Lounge is located in which building?

    Spellman Hall, building #14 on the campus map
  • What highway is near Iona?

    Iona is accessible via the Hutchinson River Parkway, Cross-County Parkway or I-95: Driving directions
  • How far in advance should I book a room for an event?

    For one day events, two months in advance is preferred. For Summer Programs three months in advance is required.
  • When should my event details be finalized?

    All event details are finalized two weeks prior to your event date.
  • What is the cancellation policy?

    All deposits are non-refundable. If your event needs to be cancelled, the deposit can be used as a credit toward a future event date.
  • Can alcohol be served at my event?

    Yes. Chartwells, the Iona College catering company, has a few different bar packages that you can choose from. Serving alcohol at an event requires a bartender and a member of Campus Safety and Security present which are additional costs.
  • Can I ship items to Iona for my event?

    Yes. Please contact Cindy Zapata prior to any boxes being shipped this way we can prepare accordingly.
  • I am coming to campus for an event, is there a local hotel?

    Yes, there are several hotels located close to the main campus. More Information»
  • Do you require insurance?

    Yes. Iona College requires all external groups coming onto campus to obtain liability insurance with Iona College additionally insured. Insurance documentation must be provided two weeks prior to your event date.
  • Do I have to pay to park on campus? Will my guests?

    No. Parking on both the main campus and the Rockland Graduate Center is free of charge.
  • Is there an ATM on campus?

    Yes. There is a Citibank ATM located on the ground floor of the Robert V. LaPenta Student Union.
  • What is the name of a local taxi service?

    There are several local taxi services: More Information»