The Fine and Performing Arts Department strives to:
- Provide knowledge and skills for aesthetic literacy.
- Develop awareness of design/composition elements/techniques.
- Deeper knowledge of/acceptance of self.
- Develop appreciation/reverence for human experience in the arts.
- Inculcate cultural/personal diversity, tolerance for disagreement.
- Explore ethical, value, and moral meanings in the arts.
- Provide opportunities for personal expression via studio activities.
- Integration of arts studies with on-campus arts events.
- Connection of Iona arts studies with NY City cultural resources.