Professor Emeritus of Education
Dr. Patricia Antonaccis research interest focuses on early literacy acquisition. The study of the effects of a comprehensive literacy program in the primary grades on childrens development of fluent reading and writing in the upper grades is her special interest. The alignment of assessment with instruction in her classes on literacy education has developed a second professional interest: The role of comprehensive assessment systems in the design and implementation of effective teacher preparation programs.
Two recent publications related to Dr. Antonaccis research in literacy education are:
(1) Portraits of Literacy Development: Instruction and Assessment in a Well-Balanced Literacy Program, K3.
(2) A Handbook for Instructional and Assessment Strategies, K8.
EDU 658, 655, 743, 380, 370, 382.
- Literacy Instruction and Assessment
- Balanced Literacy Instruction
- Promoting Quality Teacher Education Programs
The National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education has granted full accreditation to Iona College's graduate and undergraduate teacher education programs.