Over the next decade, our country could need as many as 2.7 million new teachers.
Looks like your timing is perfect.
The Education Department of Iona College develops a knowledgeable educator who considers the whole child in instructional planning and teaching. The department has:
- Student centered faculty as advisors - we know you!
- Hundreds of successful graduates in local schools and throughout the country
- Assistance with placement
- Assistance with financial aid
- Excellent reputation in the area. Schools seek our students.
- Undergraduate field experience in the sophomore year.
- All methods courses have a field experience component.
- You will spend an entire semester working side-by-side with an experienced teacher in a classroom and be mentored by an Iona College faculty member.
- Convenient location for students living in the tri-state area.
- Numerous and varied programs on the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A highly qualified faculty - all full-time faculty have doctorates. In addition, the faculty includes professors with experience as teachers, principals, and school superintendents
- Accreditation by National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the Middle States Association, and New York State
Back to Top