- Are you interested in international affairs, American politics, law, public policy, government, peace and justice?
- Are you interested in foreign policy, critical issues such as health, poverty, security, terrorism, the environment, war and civil rights?
- Can you picture yourself working at the United Nations, for the F.B.I., the Department of State, the White House, or representing the U.S. in a foreign nation?
- Would you like to practice law, teach Social Studies or Government, work for an elected official, run for office, become a political consultant, a media analyst, or be active on Capitol Hill?
- Do you enjoy debating, discussing, thinking and writing about politics, government, current events, and policy issues?
- Do you want to be in classes that engage you, force you to develop your opinions, and debate with those with different understanding of politics and government?
- Do you want to form a close relationship with dedicated and experienced faculty?
- Do you want to participate in simulations and mock trials? Apply your learning in real situations? Travel? Work as an intern?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider Political Science as a major!!
Why Iona College?
What We Offer Our Students
In addition to our dedicated full-time faculty, we offer students:
- A variety of courses in American government, law, public policy and public administration, political theory, foreign policy, international law, research methods, and comparative government.
- A thriving internship program where students can receive credit for working in both the public and private sectors.
- An International Studies program that provides students with the skills and training necessary to join companies specializing in international relations or trade.
- Independent research and writing opportunities.
- Simulations, Model United Nations, Model Congresses, Mock Trials.
- Small classes that are designed to help students develop their thinking, writing, debating, and research skills.
Political Science Faculty & Students on a trip to
Washington DC for the Terex Infrastructure Conference
The Political Science faculty at Iona is dedicated to working closely with students to help them succeed both during and after college.
All of our faculty are trained political scientists who specialize in various aspects of the discipline, including: American government, political theory, law, public policy, comparative government, public administration, foreign policy, domestic policy, international studies, social research, peace and justice studies.
For Further Information
If you have any questions or would like further information about the Political Science Department, please contact the Chair, Dr. Tricia Mulligan at (914) 633-2429 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Top