Print this page
Read these instructions carefully prior to submitting courses for approval. Questions can be answered by the Dean's
Office Reception Desk, or through a scheduled appointment with the Dean's Office Academic Advisor.
Current Iona students are permitted a total of two (2) courses (generally, six credits maximum) in transfer after
enrollment at Iona College.
- ALL courses must be approved in advance in writing by the Dean's, Office via the Authorization to Attend
Another College form.
- Iona College does not transfer courses with grades of less than C (2.0), or Pass/Fail grades.
- Grades from other schools do not transfer, and have no impact on a student's Iona College grade point average
- Failure on behalf of the student to have an official transcript sent to Iona upon completion of the course(s),
and/or failure to take the course during the term approved could nullify the authorization.
- Any appeals to this policy may be made by scheduling an appointment with the Dean's Office Academic Advisor.
- You must be in good academic standing at the College, not on academic probation.
- You must have room in your degree program for additional transfer credit .
- Consult your academic advisor to determine if taking courses elsewhere is appropriate, and to ensure that course(s)
in question won't duplicate work for which you have already received credit.
The Authorization Form and Supporting Documentation Needed:
- You must use a separate form for each school you wish to attend.
- You must submit catalog course descriptions from the Transfer College for each course being considered in transfer.
You may find this information in the on-line catalog of a given college.
- Use one line per course. If you wish to have options for enrollment, you may submit up to four courses for approval,
but be mindful that a maximum of two will be accepted.
- The Catalog Course Number refers to the course number as it appears in the Transfer school's catalog, and will
usually be a series of letters followed by a series of numbers (e.g. BIO 102). The Catalog Course Number will not
usually be a four-digit number. This would instead be the other school's registration number, which is not needed
for our purposes.
- The Course Title should be as it appears in the Transfer school's catalog. You may use logical abbreviations if
necessary (e.g. Intro. to Psych.).
- Do not forget to sign the form, indicate the school and term you intend to study elsewhere Submit the completed
the Authorization to Attend Another College form, along with catalog course descriptions of the course(s) listed
on the form, to the Dean's Office Reception Desk.
Submit the completed Authorization to Attend Another College form, along with catalog course descriptions
of the course(s) listed on the form, to the Dean's Office Reception Desk
School of Arts & Science
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Phone: (914) 633-2207
Fax: (914) 633-2023