Phone: (914) 637-2748
Office: 74 President Street
Seniors are encouraged to participate in the Internship Program, which places qualified students in marketing positions at nearby business and public sector organizations for one semester.
Recent participants have gained practical experience in marketing research, sports marketing, advertising, public relations, direct marketing and sales.
Since 1999, Hagan students have worked in a variety of marketing positions at sites which included:
• Advertising: Watchdog Advertising, Creative Partners, Allied Advertising
• Direct & Interactive Marketing: Consumers Union, CBSI, Edith Roman Associates, Time, Inc., NCEE, Cheetahmail, Singer Direct, Oceana Publishing, Interactive Marketing Group, Gots to Have It
• Entertainment Marketing: SUNY Purchase Performing Arts Center, Feld Entertainment, High Society Rhythm
• Fashion Marketing: Ralph Lauren, Currents, Inc.
• Field Marketing/Promotions: Stratmar, Guild Group
• Financial Services Marketing: Gabelli & Co., Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Smith Barney, UBS, HedgeWorld
• Healthcare Sales & Marketing: Executive Health Exams, National Healthcare Diabetic Supplies
• International Marketing: Lawler Communications, Westchester Export Assistance Center, Dorian Drake, Two’s Company
• Marketing Research: Right Angle Research, Fieldwork-NY
• Marketing & Promotion Strategy: Pennysaver, American Express, Castle Oil Co., MSCO, Sony Music, Smyth Marketing, Dark Horse Marketing
• Public Relations/Event Marketing: Bloomingdale’s, EventWorks, Canaan PR, Planned TV Arts, Apple-Metro, East Coast Saloons, Patchen & Bernabei, Promotions USA
• Radio/TV Promotion & Sales: CBS News, CD 101.9, KISS FM, WFAN, WFAS, WVOX, AdvantEdge TV
• Retailing & Distribution: Nordstrom’s, Casa Hermosa, Lord & Taylor, Avon Center, Value Drug Stores, Nike Timing, Dichello Distributors
• Sales & Customer Relations: Michael Anthony Jewelers, Enterprise, Tiffany’s, Curves, British Airways
• Sports Marketing: Five Stars Basketball, Genesco Sports Marketing, Madison Square Garden, Buick Classic PGA, WWF, Steiner Sports, Metrostars, TSE Sports, Iona Athletics, Power Play Tours
For the Marketing Internship course (MKT465), students carry out a work project in a private or public sector organization under the direct supervision of a designated faculty member and executive. The internship is intended to allow students to acquire work experience in an area of marketing, and to apply the knowledge and skills they have gained from marketing courses to actual marketing problems and situations.
For more information, contact the Marketing Internship Coordinator, Dr. Susan Rozensher - (914) 637-2749.
For Fall 2012 internships, contact Dr. Fredrica Rudell - (914) 637-2748.
Want to jump-start your career?
Marketing students enhance their preparation for careers through involvement with the Marketing Club and participation in Marketing internships. Seniors can earn course credit by working at an approved site under the direct supervision of a designated faculty member and business executive, applying the knowledge and skills they have gained from marketing courses to actual marketing problems and situations.
Dr. Susan Rozensher
Faculty Moderator for the Marketing Club, supervises credit-bearing Marketing Internships, and serves as co-Coordinator for Hagan Freshman Advisement. Read More »