DANCE TEAM COACH
This is a part-time position.
The Dance Team Instructor/Coach is responsible for the overall planning, training and development of a comprehensive dance team program. The coach will work in conjunction with the Office of Student Development and the Athletics Department; reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Student Development.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and knowledge of Dance methods. Prior coaching experience and experience in Athletics, Physical Education, Student Activities or a related field is preferred.
- First Aid and CPR Certification required.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population.
- Must be mature, dependable, professional, and have a willingness to help others and serve as a positive role model to students.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff and administration.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexible and approachable attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a dance team program to include choreography, etc.
- Plan and coordinate all auditions for team: including recruitment, advertising, physical clearance and scheduling of space.
- Schedule and attend auditions and practices for team: secure space on campus through Student Development, Athletics and Campus Security.
- Work with team members to market the Dance Team program on campus through publicity and promotional tactics.
- Maintain a calendar of practices and events including but not limited to the team’s presence and support at all Men’s and Women’s home basketball games and applicable tournaments. This must be submitted to the appropriate Student Development Supervisor.
- Effectively communicate with team, Student Development and Athletics staffs. This includes, but is not limited to, confirming routines and submitting music selections to a member of Athletics or least 48 hours before game time, be it handling it personally or having a team member be responsible for it.
- Maintains and updates rosters and emergency contact information of all team members.
- Will travel to some away games and may be required to drive campus van to venues.
- Work to ensure policies of the College are upheld, specific examples include anti-hazing policies (zero tolerance), and medical clearance requirements (no student is to practice until cleared by Health Services after an updated physical is on file).
- Participates in fund-raising and community relations.
- Other duties as assigned related to the Dance Team Coach position (i.e., competitions).
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and the names of three references to:
Assistant Director of Student Development
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801