Visit us in Ryan Library or call (914) 633-2635.More »
Due to the large number of cell phone vendors and models on the market Iona College does not offer cell phone support. For issues/problems with Iona College email on your cell phone, please contact your cell phone vendor.
Mail Type: Exchange Server
Server Info: email.iona.edu
Both the incoming and outgoing servers require secure authentication (SSL), so enable this option.
Mail Type: Pop3/Imap
Server Information (Outgoing): mail.iona.edu
IMPORTANT: Certain providers (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, etc.) require different outgoing server settings. If mail.iona.edu does not connect you with the server please contact your cell phone vendor for the correct outgoing server information and settings for your phone.
Please remember that Iona College network passwords stored on phones or other handheld devices must be changed whenever you reset your Iona College network account password. If your phone repeatedly attempts to sync using an incorrect password it will lock your Iona College Network Account. To unlock your account please go to http://www.iona.edu/netpass
Instructions for placing your phone in airplane mode while changing your network password is available at http://www.iona.edu/infotech/user/passwords.cfm
Older versions of Microsoft Office may have difficulty working with documents that are created in Microsoft Office 2007. This is due to the fact that the file format for Office documents has changed (i.e. Word files now end in .docx not .doc.)
Installing a compatibility pack will allow you to open 2007 files in previous office versions. Microsoft provides a free compatibility pack for these users.
(Download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats)
In addition, you can ensure that files that you create remain compatible by saving them in compatibility mode this can be done by clicking on the Office Button -> Save As -> Word 97-2003 Document.
Please remember that not all of the advanced functions available in Office 2007 are available in compatibility mode.
Below are some "command reference guides" available on the Microsoft Website. The guides will help you learn about the new features in Office 2007 and to understand where the older features have been relocated. With these guides, you can learn where the new location for your favorite command has been relocated.
· Interactive: Word 2003 to Word 2007 command reference guide
· Interactive: Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 command reference guide
· Interactive: PowerPoint 2003 to PowerPoint 2007 command reference guide
From Mac OS:
1. Select Command + P on the keyboard
2. Click the drop-down arrow for Copies & Pages.
3. Select LAYOUT from the dropdown menu.
4. Click the drop-down arrow for Two-Sided.
5. Select OFF from the drop-down menu
6. Click Print.
1. Select Control + P on the keyboard
2. Select Print Properties.
3. Select Finishing.
4. Uncheck Print On Both Sides.
5. Click OK
6. Click OK
To verify which version of Java you have installed on your computer click the link below and then click the VERIFY JAVA VERSION button.
To download the most recent version of Java please click here:
1. Review your Inbox, Drafts, and Sent folders and delete unwanted messages. Save important attachments to your network space (U:) or another device and then delete. Remember, do not save attachments locally (C:) on any lab computer.
2. Delete messages from the Deleted Items folder. In Internet Explorer,you can right click on the Deleted Items folder and select Empty Deleted Items Folder.
Review the results from the 2011 Faculty Technology Survey:
Paper Conservation Campaign
Learn how you can help us save paper.Read more »