The list of works cited (also called a "bibliography") appears at the end of your paper, and consists of complete citations for all the books, articles, websites and other sources you cited in the text.
- Here are some rules for formatting your list of works cited page in MLA style:
- Begin your list of works cited on its own page.
- Number the pages, continuing the page number sequence of your paper.
- The entries in the list of works cited are alphabetized by author's last name. An entry with no author is alphabetized by title (ignoring "a", "an", and "the").
- Double-space your list of works cited.
- Each citation is done in a hanging indent style, where the first line is flush with the left hand margin and subsequent lines are indented one-half inch.
Here's an example of what it should look like: