Where do the workshops take place?
- Seminar Room, Ryan Library first floor
What time do the workshops take place?
- Noon - 12:30 pm, during Thursday activity hour
Past Fall 2012 Library Workshops
- Finding Literary Criticism Articles for your English Course
- When that literary criticism paper is assigned, which resources will be most helpful? This workshop will introduce
you to the best research databases available when searching for literary criticism articles. Tips on searching
for books and web sites will be covered also.
- Creating Your Bibliography:
- This workshop will provide an introduction to the bibliography or reference list of sources required for your
research papers. Citations describing individual items will be discussed and major citation styles used in various
disciplines will be introduced such as MLA, APA, Chicago, and Turabian. Resources to help you generate your citations
and your bibliography will also be reviewed.
- Finding Business Information:
- In this workshop you learn about the different types of research databases available for business articles
and financial reports. Discover how to build customized company financial reports and find industry profiles and
analysis. Subject specific business Research Guides are also introduced.
- Researching Current or Controversial Issues:
- In this workshop you are introduced to CQ Researcher, which offers reports that address controversial current
issues and two news research databases. Several authoritative websites that offer current, reliable information
on hot topics will also be covered.
- Finding Scholarly or Peer-Reviewed Article:
- In this workshop you learn to understand what your professors mean when they ask you to use "scholarly
articles" for an assignment. We will also discuss how to narrow internet and database searches to only return
items in this category.