Searching for a job is a job in itself! It requires initiative and the use of targeted strategies especially in a tight job market. Networking is a critical aspect in the process that must begin early on. Research shows that most jobs are found through networking. It’s not only about what you know but who you know. The resources below will assist you with the job search and networking process:
- GAELlink, Iona’s Online Career Management System: All current job opportunities received in our center are listed on GAELlink. Once you register, be sure to check the system often to view the latest job opportunities
- Job Search Links specific to majors:
- Networking Works!: Helpful tips and strategies for networking
- Listing of professional associations relevant to majors/career fields:
- LinkedIn is a professional networking site. The purpose of the site is to allow registered users to maintain a list of contact details, (referred to as “connections”) of people they know and trust in business. The site can be used to build your professional network through introductions to new connections and to search for jobs/business opportunities.
- Iona Connections: Once you graduate, you can register for a new social networking site sponsored by the Office of Alumni Relations. Among the many features, this site will allow you to network with other Iona alumni from different regions, class years, and/or career fields, post your resume and search current job opportunities submitted by fellow alumni.