Under the Vice Provost for Student Life, the Division of Student Life is comprised of nine departments working in collaboration with all areas of the College to serve the needs of all Iona College students. We are proud to offer a dynamic campus life which includes a large number of programs and services for the development of our students, in the areas of service, leadership, involvement, health and wellness, and a variety of entertainment options to enable you to create your own unique Iona experience.
Some of our diverse student programs includes:
- A wide range of lectures providing students with thoughtful and stimulating intellectual discourse in settings outside of the classroom.
- Campus events including an Involvement Fair, Homecoming, and the Spring Weekend programs, concerts and a variety of other programming.
- Students have the opportunity to plan and celebrate our diverse student body with themed programs such as Week of the Peacemaker, African American Heritage Celebration, a Latino Heritage Month, and various programs sponsored by the Student Development Diversity Committee on a wide range of diversity topics.
- Students may join a variety of student clubs and organizations including academic groups, honor societies, cultural and religious groups, media organizations, performing arts groups, service groups, fraternities and sororities, as well as political based organizations. These groups all are under the umbrella of the Student Government Association and the Office of Student Development.
- Resident and Commuter students can quickly enhance their social and academic networks on campus by participating in the many Learning Communities.
- Wellness and Recreational programs developing their mind, body and spirit that encourage students maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- The Iona experience incorporates the use of our extended campus, New York City. There are many trips and programs that take advantage of the many cultural and entertainment opportunities in the New York City. The Office of Student Development offers trips at a very reasonable cost to attend major sporting events, museums, Broadway shows and walking tours with members of the faculty and staff.