Made up of concerned representatives of the Iona community, this committee works to assess, educate, and raise awareness about alcohol and other drug issues. It achieves this by devising, implementing and evaluating initiatives across campus for faculty, staff, and students. Members of the committee serve as resources to those with alcohol and other drug issues, concerns, or questions.
To accomplish this mission the committee will:
- Utilize data from CORE survey to address campus cultural needs related to AODE issues.
- Research best practices in the field to ensure that Iona is maintaining current standards.
- Stay aware of "Hot Topics" related to AODE.
- Provide a member to serve as an advisor to SADD.
- Representatives from the following areas:
- Res Life, OSD, CSS, Off-Campus Housing, Counseling Center, Athletics, Campus Ministries, Health Services, Retention, faculty, CGG, SADD, etc.
- Highlight on campus issues related to AOD within the community, and look to address these issues through targeted sponsorship of educational programs.
- Serve the role of developing collaborative relationships across campus to promote programming initiatives for students.
- Partner with areas like: Campus Ministries, Athletics, Residential Life, Faculty.
- Promote professional development opportunities for members of the Committee to develop awareness about AODE issues.
- There is a budget related to AODE initiatives in the amount of $25,000 to address these issues.