Radio City Music Hall
1260 Avenue of the Americas New York, New York 10020 W 50th Street and the Avenue of the Americas. Visit this link for more information about parking and accommodations at Radio City Music Hall.
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Doors open at : 2:30 PM for Graduates and Guests Graduates are to arrive by 3:00 PM
- Guests may enter through the main doors of Radio City Music Hall
- Graduates will enter through the main doors of Radio City Music Hall and proceed down the stairs to the Grand Lounge.
- If a Guest or Graduate has special needs to be seated early, the ushers of Radio City Music Hall will assist those individuals. These individuals should meet the ushers in the Box Office area.
- Graduates do not need a ticket to enter but should have their gown
- Guests must have a ticket to enter
Ceremony begins at: 3:30 pm
Graduates need to bring with them:
- Cap, Gown and Hood
- Yellow Card (Completely filled out)
- Photo identification
- Please note Radio City has the following restrictions: No balloons, food, or beverages (except water) are allowed.
- Please advise your guests that security at Radio City is strict. Bags may be inspected and metal detector wands may be used upon entry.
- Graduates should leave home (or with guests) all personal effects that you cannot reasonably carry under your robe. There is no coat or baggage check, nor is there a secure place to leave your belongings during the ceremony.
- Guests must have a ticket. If you have a question or lost ticket please visit Iona College Guest Relations in the ticket lobby of Radio City.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Arts and Science (BA/BS) Guests will enter on 51st Street.
- Hagan School of Business (BBA/BS Gen Bus) guests will enter on 50th Street.
Additional Reminders for Graduates:
- PLEASE WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO WALK IN.
- If you are worried about walking in the Ceremony please let us know so we can make accommodations for you.
- Once seated students will not be permitted to leave until the end of the ceremony.
- Proper decorum and conduct are expected at all times. Inappropriate behavior may result in disciplinary action.
- Students believed to be intoxicated WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
- Students who do not conduct themselves in an appropriate manner will be asked to leave.
- There are to be no noise makers, inflatable devices, cell phones turned on, or other distractions to the ceremony - this should be a safe and special occasion - BE RESPECTFUL.