Dear Gaels and Friends,
This office exists to serve you! Iona recognizes the unique needs of its off-campus and commuter students. Iona also recognizes the important job it has as an institution of higher learning to prepare its students as citizens of a global world! This starts by building relationships with the community in our own backyard!
The Office of Off-Campus Housing has a number of goals and objectives. As director I hope you will partner with me in meeting these goals. The Office of Off-Campus Housing will work to:
Off-Campus Housing will work WITH students and advocate FOR students. This office will educate Ionas students how to be part of a greater community AND educate the New Rochelle community how to embrace Iona students. Iona is truly a wonderful place! It is critically important that we share Ionas definition of community and what it means to truly care for others with members of the greater New Rochelle community.
- Advocate for off-campus and commuter students in the community and on campus
- Educate off-campus students about Ionas expectations of them as representatives of Iona College in the New Rochelle community
- Educate residential and non-residential students about transitional issues faced by off-campus students
- Keep off-campus students connected to the Iona community
- Build relationships with neighborhood associations and local governing agencies
- Help build positive relationships between Iona students and the citizens of New Rochelle
- Provide resources and services to off-campus and commuter students
I encourage you to take advantage of the many services and resources the Office of Off-Campus Housing has to offer!
Michele Sampson, MS
P.S. Go Gaels!