Do you enjoy working with people?
Are you passionate about social justice?
Do you want to make a difference in the world?
If you answered yes, then the Social Work Club could be right for you!
Social Work Club Purpose
- To establish a social work presence on campus through acts of advocacy, research, education and volunteerism.
- To promote a positive image of the social work profession.
- To encourage its members to assume responsibility for identifying the need for social change and actively participate in facilitating such changes.
- To promote collaborative working relationships with other student and campus groups/organizations.
- To support and nurture the personal and professional development of its membership.
Any Iona student interested in the profession of social work and the people served by the profession shall be eligible for membership. You do not need to be a social work major to join.
- Social Work Mentor Program
- Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk
- A Thread of Hope presentation and Fair Trade Fair: international social worker working with women in Guatemala sells their wares and discusses her work
- World Aids Day Candlelight Vigil
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Co-sponsored many activities on campus
For more information, please contact a member of the Executive Board!