GAEL EXPRESS: IONA COLLEGE SHUTTLE SERVICE
We are very pleased to announce the creation of a pilot program called the Gael Express. This will be a shuttle service instituted to provide free transportation for Iona students between the main campus, The Marriott Residence Inn (New Roc City) and the New Rochelle Intermodal Transportation Center (train station). This has been a frequent request by students through the Student Government Association and what we feel will be a very valuable service for our students. Please utilize this new resource and have a most successful 2011-12 academic year.
Gael Express Information and Frequently Asked Questions:
- 2 - 12 passenger Vans (11 available seats for riders each trip)
- All van operators are NY State Certified campus safety and security officers
- Use of the van is FREE
- All you need to board is to show your Iona College ID card
- All students (residents, commuters, graduate students are eligible to ride the shuttle)
- Seats are on a first come first serve basis for students.
- Seats may not be reserved
- Seats are not guaranteed
- Guests are not permitted to use the shuttle
- EMPLOYEES are able to ride the shuttle if there are available seats. Spaces are for students first regardless of first come, first serve basis.
- If Classes are cancelled the Gael Express will still be in operation weather and safety permitting.
- There may be times where the shuttle will run on a reduced or altered schedule.
- The Campus Safety and Security Officer has the right to refuse access or remove a passenger from the van.
- The Shuttle will only pick up and drop off passengers at designated locations.
- For questions and additional information regarding the Gael Express:
- Call the Campus Safety and Security 24 hour Annex at 914-633-2560
- Visit the Office of Campus Safety and Security or the Office of Student Development both located on the 2nd Floor of the LaPenta Student Union.
Why Should YOU use the Shuttle?
- It is free
- Students asked for it
- Do your part to help the environment
- Save on transportation costs
- It is convenient