Guidance for In-Person Events and Gatherings: Spring 2021
All event sponsors are deemed responsible parties with the expectation of ensuring adherence to current COVID-19 policies and procedures of the College, New York State, CDC, and local guidance.
The Iona College COVID-19 Task Force will review and may provide event guidance and procedural recommendations to ensure the health and safety of the campus community.
Recognized Student Organizations* and/or Departments wishing to hold in-person meetings or events for the Spring 2021 semester must adhere to appropriate guidelines. Completed proposals must be received by the Task Force by the appropriate deadlines.
*Student groups must work through their sponsoring department or the Office of Student Development to submit a request.
NOTE: based on CDC and NY State guidelines, it is still recommended to limit face-to-face interaction when possible through virtual meetings and events.
In-Person On-Campus Gathering Proposals must include the following:
- Staff sponsor (responsible party to be present at the event)
- Sponsoring department
- Student group (if applicable)
- Desired date, location, time
- Overview of the event
- Pre-registration, check-in, contact tracing procedures
Deadlines for submissions are at least two weeks in advance:
- 3/24 noon for events through 4/4
- 3/29 noon for events through 4/18
- 4/12 noon for events through 5/2
- 4/19 noon for events through 5/23
We encourage submission of proposals as far in advance as possible.
In-Person Event Tips:
- Pre-registration before event
- Check-in at event - scan QR code and fill out form for contact tracing
- Masks required
- Physical distancing
- Capacity not more than 1/2 room capacity limit or up to 50 guests
- Check Gael Care app for green badge
- NAVICA app should be checked for a negative COVID test
- Offer virtual/streaming option if possible
Outdoor Grab-and-Go Table Event Tips:
- Masks required
- Physically distancing
- Someone to monitor crowd at table
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces