Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The COVID-19 pandemic is not something any of us would have chosen for your college years. Iona College is taking every precaution to ensure the health, safety and continued academic success of our entire community. We know that new facts will continue to surface, and that vigilance is paramount. We are closely monitoring all information and have prepared a comprehensive operational plan to help guide us through the upcoming academic year.
Return to Campus Plan
This plan was established by the Iona College Task Force, with input from faculty, staff, students and parents. The plan was developed in accordance with New York State public health guidelines and founded in concern for fulfilling the educational mission of Iona College and the academic integrity of Iona’s educational offerings. Policies and procedures are subject to change as the situation evolves.
- Residential Life: (914) 633-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Financial Services: (914)-633-2497, email@example.com
- Advising: (914) 633-2130, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring: (914) 633-2217, email@example.com
- Health Services: (914) 633-2548, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Services: (914) 633-2462, email@example.com
- Counseling Center: (914) 633-2038, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Access Office: (914) 633-2614, email@example.com
- IT Help Desk: Submit Work Order, (914) 633-2635
- Task Force Response Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press Inquiries: (914) 629-8379, email@example.com
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If no soap and water is available, then please use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Students may pick up complementary travel size hand sanitizer from any of the below offices:
- Office of Student Development
- Residence Halls
- Health Services Office
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Minimize contact with others in classrooms, public settings and cafeterias.
- Make sure that your influenza vaccinations are current, as co-infection is considered likely to cause more severe disease than COVID-19 or flu alone.
- Those who work in healthcare settings or with animals should be extra cautious and self-aware of any developing systems, such as fever, coughing, sneezing and body aches.
- Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to stay connected with the Iona College Campus Text Notification System. The Campus Notification System will alert you to any critical issues impacting the Iona community.
- Counseling Center and Resources for Stress Management
- Software Resources for Students
- Strategies for Online Learning
- Westchester COVID-19 Testing Hotline: (914) 681-2900
- Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1 (888) 364-3065
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- New York State Department of Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization Coronavirus COVID-19
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- CDC Coronavirus Travel Information
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories