Iona University is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to persons with disabilities. The University is working toward meeting W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA conformance. Although the University continually does due diligence to make our site accessible, third-party websites and third party providers may still offer non-accessible content. The University makes every effort to ensure this does not occur.
Should you encounter any issues with the Iona University website, please report them to the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 633-2635 for an alternative presentation.
Online Accessibility Training
Below is a non-exhaustive listing of available training to help with creating accessible digital content.
Deque University offers a Full Access Curriculum consisting of comprehensive web and digital accessibility training. Covers web, documents, PDF, mobile apps, and more. Courses are self-paced, and users can jump from one topic to another, treating the materials as a reference library.
Content and Platform Features
- Detailed explanations of each topic
- Rules for each topic — designated as either requirements or best practices — based on WCAG success criteria
- Good and bad (pass and fail) examples of the rules
- Highly detailed WCAG testing methodology training/reference
- Self-test quizzes
- Official Deque certificates of completion for each course
- Detailed web accessibility graded, timed exam, with official Deque certificate of completion
- Integrates into Blackboard and focuses on making digital course content more accessible
- Automatically checks course materials against WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Provides students with accessible alternative formats such as audio and electronic braille
- Delivers guidance to instructors to improve accessibility of their course content