Iona University is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to persons with disabilities. The University is working toward meeting W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA conformance. Although the University continually does due diligence to make our site accessible, third-party websites and third party providers may still offer non-accessible content. The University makes every effort to ensure this does not occur.
Should you encounter any issues with the Iona University website, please report them to the Webmaster at email@example.com or call (914) 633-2635 for an alternative presentation.
Online Accessibility Training
Below is a non-exhaustive listing of available training to help with creating accessible digital content.
Deque University offers online, self-paced document accessibility training. The Document Accessibility Curriculum package contains the following courses:
- Accessibility Fundamentals: Disabilities, Guidelines, and Laws
- Basic Web and Document Accessibility for Content Contributors
- MS Word Accessibility
- MS PowerPoint Accessibility
- MS Excel Accessibility
- InDesign Accessibility
- PDF Accessibility
- EPUB Accessibility
Pricing information varies based on individual course and/or full curriculum and bulk discounts are offered as well. Full pricing information for online classes can be found on the dequeuniversity.com website.
- Integrates into Blackboard and focuses on making digital course content more accessible
- Automatically checks course materials against WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- Provides students with accessible alternative formats such as audio and electronic braille
- Delivers guidance to instructors to improve accessibility of their course content