Phone Policies & Guides
The phone system is a valuable tool for all employees at Iona College. There are many terrific features available to learn and use in order to make your work easier and more productive.
Policies and Procedures
- Calls from the College are for business use only. Please make your calls as brief as possible.
- The College will not honor any third party or collect calls. Any persons involved in such calls will be held personally responsible.
- Calls for information, verification of numbers, and interruption of busy numbers are billed to the College. Please use telephone directories for researching phone numbers. If you require telephone directories for your office, please contact Telephone Services at ext. 2009.
- Any request pertaining to the maintenance, and/or mechanical changes to telephone extensions should be directed to Telephone Services at ext. 2100.
- The switchboard is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. After the switchboard is closed, emergency calls for the New Rochelle Campus are to be directed to the Campus Security Annex at (914)633-2560.
- Incoming calls to the College "800" lines are for advertising response only.
- Extensions beginning with 4xxx are for internal use only. If you are dialing a 4xxx extension from an off-campus location, you MUST dial the switchboard at 633-2000 first, and then ask to be connected to the extension.
- If you are dialing any extension between 2700 and 2799 or 7700 and 7799 from an off-campus location, you must dial the exchange "637" plus the extension. If you are dialing a 6xxx extension from an off-campus location, you must dial the exchange "654" plus the extension. If you are dialing a 1xxx extension from an off-campus location, you must dial the exchange "712" plus the extension.
Phone: (914) 633-2009