If you require accommodations from the Accessibility Services Office (ASO), you must first be accepted to Iona College. Once accepted, new students should follow these steps in order to register for support services from this office.
You may also contact the ASO to request a meeting with the Accessibility Services consultant to discuss your past use of accommodations and any disability-related barriers you anticipate while pursuing your degree at the College.
The purpose of meeting with the Accessibility Services Office (ASO) is so that the consultant can get a clear understanding of your experience with the disability, potential barriers, and effective accommodations that will provide equal educational access while at the College. It is also important for the consultant to understand the connection between the barrier described, your disability and the requested accommodation.
While no external documentation may be necessary to establish the need for accommodations, medical records, psychoeducational testing and school records (such as an IEP or 504 Plan) can be used as a basis for determining past use of specific accommodations.
Generally, the Accessibility Services consultant can implement accommodations immediately based on the above alone; however, in cases where it is not clear how the disability is connected to the barrier, and how the accommodation would provide access, the ASO may request that you provide additional documentation that illustrates that connection. You should not delay meeting with the ASO out of concern for not having appropriate documentation.
Request an Accommodation
You must fill out a Request for Accommodation Form through the Clockwork Portal, found in your Single Sign-On. When you log in, follow this path: Clockwork > Register to Receive Services > Accessibility Services (as your department). Complete the form that is provided. We suggest answering the longer questions in a Word document, as the software may sometimes refresh and delete answers if left open for a long period of time.
All students should make their requests for academic accommodations at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Submitting Additional Documentation
- If the disability is visible the student should wait for the ASO to contact them after processing their application.
- If the disability is not visible the student should submit documentation. This can be an IEP, 504 plan, most recent psychoeducational testing, or our Medical Provider Questionnaire.
- This form is sent to your medical provider via email. Both you and your provider must create a new account on Dynamic Forms. Do not use your Iona email.
- To ensure it is completed, follow-up with your provider is encouraged.
Documentation is used to support the request and may provide a history of past use of accommodations. More information about documentation can be found through the Department of Education’s website.
- Application Review
Within 4 to 6 weeks of receiving the application and documentation, the ASO staff will review the submitted materials. This process may take longer if the intake volume is higher than normal. The ASO staff will contact you via email to either request additional documentation or information or schedule a meeting to discuss and determine reasonable accommodations. If you are not contacted by the ASO within 6 weeks of initial contact, you should contact the ASO for more information.
- Student Response
If additional documentation or information is required, it is important that you provide this in a timely manner. The ASO cannot approve accommodations unless supportive information is provided.
- Accommodation Notification
If no additional documentation is needed, you and the ASO determine reasonable accommodations and you will receive an email with approval. You must then request that your accommodation letters be sent to your professors. You must do this each semester.
If you are registered and have approved accommodations through the Accessibility Services Office, you may use the ClockWork Online Portal to request Academic Accommodation letters be sent to your professors.
- Visit the Clockwork Online Portal.
- This will bring you to the main menu page of the Iona Student Clockwork Portal. There are three options for you to select from: Register to Receive Services, Request Accommodation Letters and My Upcoming Appointments. By selecting the “Request Accommodation Letters” option, you can request accommodations for each of your courses using the tools in this section. Once a request is submitted, your instructor will receive an email with instructions on how to access your accommodation letter by logging into the instructor portion of this website. You are able to access your own accommodation letter on this website at any time once your request has been approved. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Daneshea Palmer, director of Student Access, at (914) 633-2366 or email@example.com. Click the Accommodations button in the middle of the page to get started.
- This will prompt you to log in with your Iona username and password. On this page, you will also be able to access help by phone, navigate to directions on how to change your password, and review the computer use policy.
- The Accommodations tab displays a table with four columns: Course, Status, Request and Letter. Each row in the request column will have a “request” link. By clicking on this link you will be able to request accommodations for which courses you would like to have accommodations letters for.
- On this page, you are able to select which courses you would like to send letters for. You may check select all at the bottom of the screen or choose which ones you would like. Next, on the left-hand side, you can select which accommodations you would like. You may select check all at the bottom of the screen or choose which ones you would like.
- Next, there is a box that prompts the question “Please indicate if your accommodations require any changes”. There are three options to choose from: My accommodation(s) are correct the way they are, I need additional accommodations, and I need to change or remove an accommodation. Select the option “My accommodation(s) are correct the way they are."
- Next on the page will be Iona College’s “Security & Data Privacy Statement." This statement describes Iona College’s policy on information security and data privacy with particular regard to the security and privacy of personal, private information belonging to our applicants, employees, students and donors. At the end of the security statement, there is an option to select “I agree to the terms outlined above”. There are two buttons to choose from: cancel or submit. By selecting submit, you will be finished with this page.
- The Clockwork Portal will email your professors with a notification you have sent them an accommodation letter through Clockwork. Once a request for your letter is sent to your professor, the portal will show a status of “sent” and awaiting confirmation from your professor. This will appear underneath the status column underneath the Accommodations tab.
- When the professor confirms and acknowledges receipt of the letter, your account will be updated in the portal. The status column underneath the Accommodations tab will be updated to “confirmed." This means that your professor has viewed and confirmed receipt of your accommodation letter.
- Lastly, you are able to select “get letter” to download and save a copy for each course for yourself. On the right hand side of the screen underneath the letter column in the Accommodations tab, select “get letter." This will enable you to download a copy to save.
Students Accommodation Letters are available to view for the semester within this portal.
For questions regarding the Clockwork Portal, please contact Daneshea Palmer, director of the College Assistance Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 633-2582.