Our Accessibility Services Office (ASO) is committed to ensuring equal educational access and opportunity for all enrolled students.
The ASO collaborates with the Iona community to ensure equal access for students with disabilities to its facilities, programs and activities.
Federal law requires that students’ requests for academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and other accommodations be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Students entering college who are in need of accommodations must initiate the request by contacting the Accessibility Services Office. All information and documentation shared with ASO staff remains confidential.
- Alternate location and/or extended time on exams/quizzes (including online)
- Distraction reduced environment for testing
- Exemption from public speaking
- A note-taker, reader and/or scribe
- Use of audio recorder, Smart Pen or laptop computer in classroom (see letter)
- Foreign Language substitution
- Permission to split very long exams
- Permission to take breaks during class
- Alternative test format (e.g., large fonts.)
Iona College provides reasonable housing accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1978, and the Fair Housing Act to ensure equal access and enjoyment of all Residential Life programs, activities, and facilities. The College is committed to ensuring equal access and fostering an inclusive environment which does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. This policy derives from the College’s commitment to non-discrimination for all persons, access to facilities, student programs, activities, and services.
The Accessibility Services Office (ASO) is responsible for evaluating requests from students with disabilities who are in need of reasonable housing accommodations at Iona. In evaluating the request, the ASO staff will determine whether the requested accommodation is necessary and reasonable.
Join CAP and ASO for tech-themed workshops. They run from October 8 - October 22 at noon, please sign up below!