If you have requested an accommodation and have been refused that accommodation or you find that the accommodation provided is not effective, you may enter into a grievance procedure.
- formally request a specific accommodation using the Request for Accommodation form;
- within 30 days of being informed that the accommodation has been denied or upon realizing that the accommodation is not effective file a formal grievance to the Director of Academic Support.
Within 10 working days of receiving a formal grievance, the Director of Academic Support will:
- convene a committee of at least three professionals with backgrounds in disabilities;
- schedule a time for you to provide the committee with evidence to support your grievance;
- provide you with a written decision within five (5) working days after the committee reaches a decision.
If the committee does not rule on your behalf, you may appeal to the Dean of the school offering the course in question, who will review all relevant materials and render a written judgment within two weeks of the appeal.
If you find that judgement unsatisfactory, you may appeal to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, who will review all materials and render a written judgment within 10 working days of the appeal. The decision of the Provost is final.