Filming & Photography
Thank you for your interest in Iona University as a location for your upcoming production. Iona University offers a variety of exceptional interior and exterior locations including buildings, classrooms, meeting spaces and athletics facilities built in a wide range of architectural styles.
If you would like to scout out our different locations on campus for a production shoot, please contact Kimberly Winston at (914) 637-7790 or email@example.com. Please be advised that a staff member from the Office of Conference Services must be present to accompany location scouts while on college property.
During the tech visit, please be prepared to discuss the following:
- Type of building, space or background needed for the shoot;
- Quantity and size of cameras, trucks, generators and other large equipment;
- Total number of people including production team, actors, extras and other pertinent staff member; and
- All items you wish to bring onto campus including but not limited to set structures, machines for special effects, cabling, placement of cranes and generators, etc.
Application for Photography & Filming
If you decide Iona is the ideal location for your production, an application has to be completed in order to be considered for filming/photography on campus. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance and include date and time of event, proposed activity, equipment to be used and number of people expected. All applications must be approved in advance and a contract signed by both parties before actual filming/photography can take place on campus.
Please contact Kimberly Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to request the application for commercial photography & filming at Iona University.
A production request is not approved until all of the following requirements have been met:
- Availability of the desired location(s) is confirmed and consent is obtained from all campus department(s) for the desired location(s).
- Agreement is obtained regarding the fee to film/photograph on campus, date(s), duration and hours of filming, location(s), support services required and parking arrangements.
- For film productions, a copy of the final script must be submitted to the Director of Business Services for approval. Script approval must be granted prior to the signing of the contract.
- The production company has secured a Certificate of Insurance and Iona University is added as an additional insured for the day(s) of the shoot. The certificate must obtain the following limits:
- Commercial General Liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 general aggregate.
- Workers Compensation and Employers Liability coverage at the statutory limits.
- Contract is signed by both parties outlining all details and full payment is received before the first day of shoot.
The location fee is based on an hourly rate or full day rate. The start time begins when the first production vehicle or staff member arrives at location and the end time concludes when the last staff member or production vehicle leaves on the day of the shoot. Additional fees for campus services such as security and facilities may be assessed at the discretion of the Office of Conference Services and will be based on the information provided by production company.