Iona College diplomas and certificates are mailed out 6-8 weeks after graduation.
Please note that your diploma will have your name, degree and Latin honors (if applicable). It does not list your major.
|Term of Completion||Degree Candidate Deadline||Student Groups||Official Degree and/or Certificate Conferral Date|
|Fall Arts & Science 15-week Term and School of Bus. Fall Trimester||August 31 for January conferral||All Student Groups||January 5 Conferral|
|Winter School of Bus. Trimester||December 4 for April 1 conferral||School of Business MBA and MS only||April 1 Conferral|
|Spring Arts & Science 15-week Term and School of Bus. Spring Trimester||December 4 for June 1 conferral||All Student Groups||June 1 Conferral|
|Summer Terms – All schools||March 1 for August 15 conferral||All Student Groups||August 15 Conferral|
Diplomas will be mailed out to students approximately 6-8 weeks after graduation to the current address we have in PeopleSoft.
Please be sure to update your address if you want it sent to another destination.
Iona College awards Latin Honors (undergraduates) and Honors (master's) to students that achieve certain GPA milestones on their completed academic record. The GPA minimums are the following:
Undergraduate Latin Honors
- Summa Cum Laude – 3.900 or higher
- Magna Cum Laude – 3.750 or higher
- Cum Laude – 3.500 or higher
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences – 3.85 or higher
- Graduate School of Business – 3.750 or higher
For students in the June 1 conferral period, Latin Honors and Honors designations published in the May Commencement program DO NOT INCLUDE coursework and grades earned by students in the spring. Final Honors awards will be recalculated during the certification period and appear on the student’s diploma and official transcript.
Replacement diplomas may be ordered to replace original diplomas via Parchment.
If you are in need of an official transcript showing your degree and graduation date, please note the following:
- If necessary, complete all remaining degree requirements and receive final grades. Incompletes are not final grades and must be resolved before your graduation can be processed.
- Check your PeopleSoft account and resolve all ACTIVE HOLDS. Transcripts cannot be released if you have an open balance.
- Order your official transcripts online. There is a $3 fee for each official transcript.
- Transcript requests take three to five business days, plus mailing time with the U.S. Postal Service. Rush service is available for an additional cost.