Congratulations on nearing completion of your degree from Iona University! As you prepare for Commencement, there are a few steps you need to take in order to ensure you meet all requirements for degree conferral!
Applying for Graduation
All undergraduate and graduate students must apply for graduation and degree conferral as they approach completion of degree requirements.
To apply, please submit the degree candidate form listed in your Student Portal account.
- Log into the Iona Portal system – myiona.iona.edu
- Select PeopleSoft
- Main Menu > Electronic Forms > Academic Forms > Degree Candidate Form
Fill in the information, electronically sign the form and submit. You will receive a confirmation page stating your form was submitted.
Please use a Windows or Android-based laptop, computer, smart phone, or tablet and a Chrome, Firefox or IE browser to access your degree candidate form. Currently the Apple/Mac/Safari platforms do not support the form software.
To be eligible for graduation, students must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits for a BA, BS, or BBA. Certain BS degrees require more than 120 credits. Maintain a minimum average of "C" (i.e. 2.0 cumulative index) computed according to the method indicated in the University Catalog in both their major and overall indices. Students should reference the appropriate major degree requirements in the University Catalog.
- Baccalaureate degree students must have no more than 6 outstanding credits or 2 classes at the end of the spring semester. These final credits must be completed over the summer either at Iona or, with permission from the Center for Advising and in consultation with the Major department, at another college or university. Proof of enrollment for the outstanding credits MUST be presented and verified.
- Graduate students should meet with the Department Chair/Graduate Advisor to review program requirements to ensure they have met all requirements. Students should reference the appropriate major degree requirements in the University Catalog.
- File an electronic degree candidate form with the Registrar's Office. Forms are located under the "Academic Forms" in each student's PeopleSoft account.
- Please be sure to update your mailing address in the student portal.
Iona University diplomas and certificates are mailed out 6-8 weeks after graduation.
Degree Audit Instructions
To check your progress toward your degree requirements please follow the steps below:
- Log in to MyIona Single Sign-On .
- Click on the “Degree Audit” tile on the main page.
- Click “Run Declared Programs.”
- Once the audit is done running, click “View Audit.”