Congratulations on nearing completion of your degree from Iona College! As you prepare for Commencement, there are a few steps you need to take in order to ensure you meet all requirements for degree conferral!
Applying for Graduation
All undergraduate and graduate students must apply for graduation and degree conferral as they approach completion of degree requirements. Graduation application deadlines are listed in the academic calendars.
To apply, please submit the Degree Candidate Form listed in your Student Portal account. Log-in to your Student Portal and follow this path:
- Main Menu > Self Service > Electronic Forms > Academic Forms
- Under "Academic Forms" choose the Degree Candidate Form
Please use a Windows or Android-based laptop, computer, smart phone, or tablet and a Chrome, Firefox or IE browser to access your Degree Candidate Form. Currently the Apple/Mac/Safari platforms do not support the form software.
Undergraduate Graduation Requirements
To be eligible for graduation, an undergraduate student must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits for a BA or BS and 126 credits for a BBA. Certain BS degrees require more than 120 credits. Students should reference the appropriate major degree requirements in the College Catalog for details;
- Satisfactorily complete all requirements of the degree program in which they are registered;
- Maintain a minimum average of "C" (i.e. 2.0 cumulative index) computed according to the method indicated in the College Catalog in both their major and overall indices;
- File an electronic Degree Candidate Form with the Registrar's Office. Forms are located under the "Academic Forms" in each student's PeopleSoft account.
Iona College diplomas and certificates are generally available for pick-up or mailing about two to four months after each degree conferral period and after the College's annual Commencement ceremony in May. Our May Commencement ceremony celebrates the accomplishments of graduates from all conferral periods.
Degree Audit Instructions
If you are looking to audit your degree requirements to check your progress, you can do so in your Student Portal account using the steps below:
- Click on Self Service
- Click on the down arrow in the "other academic" box
- Select Degree Progress Report and click on the >>
- For Academic Institution choose: Iona College
- For Report Type choose: Advisement Transcript
- Click Go