Congratulations on nearing completion of your degree from Iona College! As you prepare for Commencement, there are a few steps you need to take in order to ensure you meet all requirements for degree conferral!
Applying for Graduation
All undergraduate and graduate students must apply for graduation and degree conferral as they approach completion of degree requirements.
To apply, please submit the Degree Candidate Form listed in your Student Portal account. Log-in to your Student Portal and follow this path:
- Main Menu > Self Service > Electronic Forms > Academic Forms
- Under "Academic Forms" choose the Degree Candidate Form
Please use a Windows or Android-based laptop, computer, smart phone, or tablet and a Chrome, Firefox or IE browser to access your Degree Candidate Form. Currently the Apple/Mac/Safari platforms do not support the form software.
To be eligible for graduation, students must:
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits for a BA, BS, or BBA. Certain BS degrees require more than 120 credits. Maintain a minimum average of "C" (i.e. 2.0 cumulative index) computed according to the method indicated in the College Catalog in both their major and overall indices. Students should reference the appropriate major degree requirements in the College Catalog.
- Graduate students should meet with the Department Chair/Graduate Advisor to review program requirements to ensure they have meet all requirements. Students should reference the appropriate major degree requirements in the College Catalog.
- File an electronic Degree Candidate Form with the Registrar's Office. Forms are located under the "Academic Forms" in each student's PeopleSoft account.
Iona College diplomas and certificates are mailed out 6-8 weeks after graduation.
Degree Audit Instructions
If you are looking to audit your degree requirements to check your progress, you can do so in your Student Portal account using the steps below:
- Click on Self Service
- Click on the down arrow in the "other academic" box
- Select Degree Progress Report and click on the >>
- For Academic Institution choose: Iona College
- For Report Type choose: Advisement Transcript
- Click Go