My Iona

Keeping Your Aid Award

Federal regulations require us to monitor the academic progress of students as they make their way toward earning their degrees.

Students who fail to make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) could lose their federal, state and institutional financial aid. Iona University reviews the academic progress of students after the spring semester for programs of study lasting longer than one calendar year. A program of one year or less will be reviewed after each payment period.

You'll find the details of our policy on our Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) page, but here's an overview of how to remain eligible for aid.

Components of Satisfactory Academic Progress

SAP is measured by both qualitative components—your GPA— and quantitative components, such as the percentage of your program you've finished by a certain point. You'll need to maintain a 2.0 GPA as an undergraduate and a 3.0 GPA as a graduate student to continue receiving aid. You can receive aid for up to 150% of the amount of time it normally takes to complete their degree program.

Right to Appeal

You may appeal any decision of ineligibility to receive financial aid. Appeals must be filed within 30 days of notification that aid eligibility has been lost or 30 days after a semester begins (whichever comes first.)

Reinstatement of Aid: Probation Semester

If your appeal is approved and your eligibility for aid is reinstated, your next semester is considered a probationary one. Your progress will be monitored throughout the semester.

More about Satisfactory Academic Progress

Contact Us

Student Financial Services

McSpedon Hall, Second Floor

Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

Book an Appointment

In-person and phone appointments can be made via DaySmart Appointments.

(914) 633-2497 (914) 633-2497