Aid Basics & FAQs
Completing the financial aid process can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these simple steps:
- Apply for admission. Once you’re admitted, Iona College can award financial aid.
- Create or locate your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). You need this ID to access and sign the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA. It’s available Oct. 1 in the year before the start of the academic term. It’s best to complete it as soon after Oct. 1 as possible, and no later than April 15. Completing the FAFSA ensures that you are considered for the maximum amount of financial aid. When you submit the FAFSA, make sure you list Iona College (ID: 002737) on the form. Families are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA. It will automatically transfer federal tax information to the FAFSA. Families can also obtain a copy of the relevant tax year transcript from the IRS when filling out the FAFSA.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). You will receive your SAR, which is a summary of the information you provided in the FAFSA, about two weeks after you submit it. Make sure the information on the SAR is correct. The SAR will tell you if you need to submit more information.
- Accept your offer from Iona College.