Skip navigation

IONA College Logo | Go to Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • Can I pay my bill with a credit card?

  • Where can I find a campus map?

  • What highway is near Iona?

    Iona is accessible via the Hutchinson River Parkway, Cross-County Parkway or I-95: Driving directions
  • How far in advance should I book a room for an event?

    For one day events, two months in advance is preferred. For Summer Programs, six months in advance is preferred.
  • When should my event details be finalized?

    All event details for your event should be finalized two weeks prior to your event date.
  • What is the cancellation policy?

    All payments are non-refundable. If you need to reschedule an event, the payment will be used as a credit toward a future event date. Only if the event is terminated by Iona College will payment be refunded.
  • Can alcohol be served at my event?

    Yes. Chartwells, the Iona College catering company, has a few different bar packages that you can choose from. Serving alcohol at an event requires a bartender and a member of Campus Safety present which are additional costs.
  • I am coming to campus for an event, is there a local hotel?

    Yes, there are several hotels located close to the main campus. Find Hotels near campus.
  • Do you require liability insurance?

    Iona College requires all external groups coming onto campus to obtain liability insurance in the amount $1,000,000 with Iona College listed as additional insured. Insurance documentation must be provided no later than two weeks prior to your event date.

    If your conference has minors staying overnight on campus, Sexual Abuse/Molestation insurance coverage of at least $100,000 per occurrence needs to be provided. 
  • Is there parking available on campus? If so, do I have to pay to park?

    Parking on campus is free of charge. Please inform the Office of Conference Services if you plan to park on campus on the day of the event. 
  • Is there an ATM on campus?

    Yes. There is a Citibank ATM located on the ground floor of the Robert V. LaPenta Student Union.
  • What is the name of a local taxi service?

    There are several local taxi services. Find local taxis.
  • What are the largest meeting facilities that Iona College has to offer?

    Our largest space with fixed seating is Murphy Auditorium, which seats 351 people. Burke Lounge in Spellman Hall can accommodate up to 370 in an open setting. 
  • Will the Office of Conference Services assist me with providing the proper setup for my event?

    Yes, our staff works hand-in-hand with each of our clients from beginning to completion to ensure a successful event. 
  • What are your AV/IT capabilities?

    Microphones, projectors, screens, lighting, sound and Wi-Fi are available through the Office of Conference Services. 
  • Do you offer overnight accommodations?

    Yes, Iona College offers overnight accommodations from June 2 through August 11, which includes single and double room occupancy. Linens are available upon request.
  • What forms of dining do you have on campus?

    Chartwells is Iona College’s exclusive caterer. All food on campus must be provided by Chartwells. Menus range from simple coffee breaks to box lunches and buffets to formal receptions and dinners.
  • Are there restaurants and stores in close proximity to the college?

    Iona College is located on North Avenue in New Rochelle, with close proximity to restaurants and other places to eat. For shopping, downtown New Rochelle is a short five minute drive or 15 minute walk away with close proximity to different stores. Please visit for more information.
  • Can weddings take place on campus?

    No, weddings are not planned on our campus. 
  • Are there laundry facilities in the residential halls?

    Each residence hall is equipped with laundry facilities. The Office of Conference Services will provide a laundry card, in which you have to deposit your own money to use the machine either online or in person. Each residences hall is equipment with a reload station.
  • What if my media equipment stops working during the event?

    We encourage all groups to request an audio visual staff member for their event. If audio services are required, there is an hourly fee to have a staff member on-site.
  • For non-profit organizations, is proof required?

    Yes, non-profit organizations must provide their exempt organization certification at the time of securing a reservation.
  • How do I get mail and/or packages delivered to me?

    To receive mail or packages, you will need to use the following address:
    (Conference Group Name) or (Resident's first and last name)
    Iona College
    Attention: Office of Conference Services
    715 North Avenue
    New Rochelle, NY 10801