Council on the Arts
The Iona College Council on the Arts is dedicated to sponsoring artistic and cultural programs for the enrichment of the Iona College community, particularly the student body.
With an endowment from the Baron Lambert Fund for the Arts, established by Mr. and Mrs. Joseph M. Murphy, the Council exists to make the arts more present and visible - providing the unique awareness, inspiration, and participation which the arts promote.
Consisting of Iona College faculty, administrators, students, and alumni, the Council on the Arts seeks to expand and deepen the cultural life of our student body. The Council produces and coordinates events whereby students, faculty and administrators may experience the arts communally.
In addition to public performances and conferences, the Council sponsors programs such as Art Quest trips, designed to introduce members of the Iona community to the cultural richness of the community.
FIVE MASTER CLASSES IN ONE DAY featuring live accompaniment and celebrating various dance styles taught by known NYC dance artists and educators. These virtual classes are open to the entire Iona community.
- JoAnn Murphy, chair
- Darrell Wheeler, provost and senior vice-president for Academic Affairs, ex-officio
- Madalyn Barbero Jordan, coordinator, arts programming, ex-officio
- Thomas Donnarumma, chair, Fine and Performing Arts, ex-officio
- Elizabeth Olivieri-Lenahan, assistant vice-provost for Student Life, ex-officio
- Blake Kinney, Office of Informational Technology, ex-officio
- Galen Barry, Philosophy
- Kenneth Chapman, CFC, artist-in-residence
- Tsa Chia-Ling, Computer Science
- Caroline Coppola, Office of the Provost
- Christine Hardigree, Education
- Oksana Huk, Psychology
- Nilofer Naqvi, Psychology
- Hannah Park, Fine and Performing Arts (dance)
- Thomas Ruggio, Fine and Performing Arts (visual arts)
- Victor Stanionis, Physics
- Michelle Veyvoda, Communication Sciences & Disorders