Applying to Study Abroad
Are you ready to add study abroad to your plans? Let's get started!
You will need to submit an application for your intended study abroad option. We have made the process simple for you and are here to help at every step along the way!
It's important to note that study abroad application deadlines are generally several months prior to the start of the program. This provides enough time to get all the paperwork and travel plans finalized.
Start your plans early!
- Browse our program offerings and choose one!
Programs vary in when they are offered – winter, spring, summer or fall. Some have different GPA requirements, and some require you to register for specific courses. Make sure you choose a program that works for you!
- Use our budget worksheet (Excel) to estimate how much your program will cost.
Programs vary in cost –depending on the length, how many credits you will receive, accommodations, excursions and more. Take note of what is included in the estimated costs provided.
- Meet with your advisor and discuss how the classes would work with your graduation requirements.
Some study abroad programs fulfill certain core requirements, whereas others may fulfill elective credits. Take note if there are specific corresponding courses that go along with the program and what areas these credits will fulfill. Your adviser can help you figure out what will work for you.
- Use the “Apply Now” option on the page for the program you choose.
You will be directed to a designated application for that program using the Terra Dotta system. If it's your first time, you will need to set up a log-in.
- Turn in the “Signature Verification” Form to the Study Abroad Office with a copy of an approved government ID.
You will be able to access the forms within the Terra Dota system when you begin your application.
- Fill out all online forms.
- Pay the $50 registration/application fee.
If you have questions, or run into any issues with your application, contact the Office of Academic Civic and Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 633-2221.