Side Travel Registration
All students are required to fill out and submit the Side Travel registration form whenever they will be sleeping anywhere aside from the Iona arranged housing (dorms, apartments, hotel, etc.).
This form must be submitted 48 hours before you plan to depart. If you do not register your side travel with the Office of Study Abroad at least 48 hours before your trip, you will be subject to immediate dismissal from the program.
Side Travel Forms are submitted through Terra Dotta. You must have a Terra Dotta account in order to submit a form.
If you are a participant on a study abroad program, a link is also located directly on your application homepage.
- Select the year and/or term in which your side travel will be taking place.
- Complete the Side Travel questionnaire, answering all the questions provided to the best of your ability with as much detail concerning your trip as possible.
- In the space provided, copy and paste any reservation details included travel itineraries, hotel reservations, confirmations, etc.
- If you would like to return to the form after you have started it, simply click the “Save” button on the bottom of the form to finish at a later time.
- Make sure to click “Submit” when you are finished and are ready for the Office of Study Abroad to review your side travel.
Staff from the Office of Study Abroad will be notified automatically and immediately of your side travel registration.
The Office of Study Abroad will follow up with you directly if more information is required or if there are any concerns related to the area or location you will be traveling to.
- We strongly discourage students from traveling alone. Please plan your side travel experiences with at least one or more members of your program, friends or family.
- Each member of the group traveling must submit their own form. For example, if three students are traveling together, all three students will submit a separate Side Travel Form.
- The Office of Study Abroad must have a way to contact you while you are traveling. Please provide the phone number you will be using as part of your side travel registration.
- In order to complete the form, you must select a town or city from the list provided – regions or geographic areas will not show up (for example: enter Florence, Italy not Tuscany, Italy).
If you have questions or are having trouble with the form, please contact the Office of Study Abroad at email@example.com.