Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans
The Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan is one that your parent can utilize to help pay for your educational expenses. These loans are processed through the U.S. Government and allow parents to borrow up to the cost of attendance for the year, minus any other financial aid you receive.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be a parent of a dependent, undergraduate student who is enrolled at least half time (six credits or more).
- Must be credit-worthy and have no adverse credit history.
How to Apply
- Parent(s) must complete a Direct Parent PLUS Loan application
- Parent(s) must complete a Direct Parent PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note
If a parent borrower is not approved for the PLUS Loan, the student will be eligible to receive more Direct Unsubsidized Loan funds. Students will be notified of this additional award by the Student Financial Services Office.