Office 365 Junk & Clutter
Learn more about each below.
No one likes spam or junk email. The Outlook Junk Email Filter doesn’t stop delivery of junk email messages, but does the next best thing—it moves suspected spam to the Junk Email folder. Any malware, potentially malicious software or code is disabled when the Email is in the Junk folder..
Tip: It's a good idea to regularly review messages in the Junk Email folder to check for legitimate messages that were incorrectly classified as junk. If you find a message that isn’t junk, simply click and drag it back to the Inbox.
Clutter is designed to move your low-priority messages out of your Inbox so you can easily scan for important messages. Clutter analyzes your email habits, and based on your past behavior, it determines the messages that you’re most likely to ignore. It then moves those messages to a folder called Clutter, where you can review them later. The Clutter folder needs to be reviewed on a regular basis in addition to your inbox.
How to Turn Clutter Off
The Clutter feature can streamline your Inbox and save you time, however if you would prefer to turn the feature off follow the steps below:
- Go to myiona.iona.edu
- Log in using your network ID and password
- Click on Office 365 application.
- Go to Settings by selecting the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Under the ‘My app settings’ section of the Settings menu, click ‘Mail’.
- On the left side, under the ‘Automatic processing’ section, click ‘Clutter’.
- Uncheck the box next to ‘Separate items identified as clutter’.
- Click ‘Save’ at the top of the page.
Note: The Clutter folder remains in Outlook after you turn off Clutter feature.