Laptops and Software
Recommended Laptop Configuration
Information Technology recommends the following hardware configuration for campus use. Most of our applications are Windows-based so we strongly recommend a Windows Laptop Configuration to successfully complete the requirements of your courses. Chromebooks are not recommended.
Recommended Windows Laptop Configuration
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 or higher
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Memory: 16 GB or more
- Hard Drive: 256 GB or higher Solid State Drive or Flash Storage
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 ac, 802.11n or Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax)
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Webcam (built-in or USB) USB Headset with microphone (for improved audio experience)
- 3 or 4-year warranty with total coverage (accidental damage protection)
- Carrying Case or Sleeve
Free Application Software
Iona College has chosen Microsoft Office ProPlus as its application suite. Microsoft 365 comes with a full version of Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and more. This software will be used in classrooms and is strongly recommended for optimal results and communication. Once a student receives their computer account information, they can download Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus free of charge through the Microsoft Office 365 Interface on five PCs or Macs, five tablets (iPad) and five mobile devices.
Students accessing Iona’s wireless network must have Windows Defender activated on their PC.
If you are interested in purchasing a MacBook Pro, please order through the Education Store at Apple. You can find the link here.