Skip navigation

IONA College Logo | Go to Home Page

College Courses in High School

As you prepare to create your class schedule, keep in mind any College courses you have taken. You can not earn credit for the same course twice. Please ensure that you have informed Admissions or the Advising Center of your having taken College courses in high school.

Students may receive college credit for courses taken through their high school when the course is taught through an accredited college program and the student earns a grade of C or higher. All courses will be evaluated for usefulness in an Iona degree and, once an official transcript is received from the college in question, added to the official Iona record as appropriate.

Steps to Getting Your Coursework Evaluated

  1. Once your final grade for the course(s) is posted request, from the originating College, a final official transcript be sent to:
    Iona College
    Attention: Center for Advising
    715 North Avenue
    New Rochelle, New York 10801

    Have handy the official course description for the course – found on-line in the College Catalog or Registrar’s page – for Advisement purposes.
  2. Follow up with the Center for Advising by confirming that we have received your transcript by writing us at
  3. Once received, we will provide you with a formal evaluation of your work, and note exactly how your coursework will be applied to your Iona degree. This information will be shared in documentation sent to you at your home address. This information may change as you declare your major, or may be dependent upon an evaluation by your major department.