Technology Instructions for Room 201
Quick Tips: Projector and Wall Control Buttons
- Lower the screen by using switch on wall near the laptop.
- To turn on the projector, use the Epson remote and click on the blue power button. The projector will show the computer screen by default.
- Video HDMI2 is the designated computer output. To change the source on the projector to show a DVD/VHS, press HDMI/Video on the remote.
- Sound: Power on the receiver below DVD/VHS player in the podium. Use the Volume Knob on the receiver to change volume. Press DVD/Blu-Ray for DVD audio.
Using the Podium Computer
- To turn on the Laptop
- Press the power button located on the lower right-hand side of the monitor.
- Logging in
- To log in, click “ok” after reading the legal notice, and the login screen will appear.
- Insert and Eject a CD or DVD on the Computer
- To open the disc drive, press the button located to the bottom left of the laptop. Near the bottom of the laptop, there should be a button. Once pressed, there will be a noise followed by the disc drive ejecting.
- Play a DVD on the Computer
- In Windows or Mac OS, wait until computer is started up. Push the DVD into the computer. It will begin playing automatically. If it does not play, click the orange play icon at bottom left of screen. Highlight the DVD and click Play.
- USB Ports (Flash drives)
- There are no open USB ports on the laptop.
Using Your Own Laptop
- Make sure laptop on podium is turned off. Plug VGA cord (not supplied) into laptop and connect to port labeled Computer on the black box on the podium. Turn on Projector using the remote. Set your laptop to output to the projector (varies by laptop). The sound from your laptop will not go through the speakers.
Play a DVD or VHS Tape in the Combo Unit
- Turn the projector on. Put the DVD or VHS Tape into the combinations DVD/VCR player. Then press HDMI/Video button on the Epson remote. Change the input on audio receiver (below VCR/DVD player) to VIDEO 2.
Eject DVD/CD: Keyboard button next to F12 (hold down for 1 second)
Sound: Use the Volume Knob on the receiver to change volume (located below the DVD/VCR player).
Technology Instructions for Faronics Insight
Quick Tip: Faronics Insight can be used to control student computers.
- Students don't see Teacher Screen: Right-click on Insight icon in taskbar. Choose Show Teacher Screen from quick menu. Still doesn't work? Restart computer.
- Student signs in after you being Showing Teacher: Stop sharing Teacher Screen by clicking Show Teacher icon. Click icon again.
Show Teacher Screen
Click the Show Teacher Screen icon. Students will now see exactly what is on your screen, and cannot control their computers. Repeat to stop showing your screen and give control back to students.
Blank Student Screens
Click Blank Screens icon. Students will receive a message to look up front and cannot use their computers. Release computers by pressing Blank Screen again.
Limit Web Access
Click Limit Web icon. Students can use computers, but cannot use Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers.
Click the Vote icon and enter a question. If multiple choice, type possible answers in the question box. Students answer on their computers, and you will see responses in real time.
Monitor Students' Computer Activity
Click View All icon to see exactly what is on each student's screen. You can also perform actions like sending messages or blanking screen to all students. Or choose one or more student screens to perform actions on only some computers.