Library Services for Faculty
Working Together to Support Learning at Iona!
We understand that supporting faculty is a team effort - especially in the digital age. With this in mind the Libraries and IT are working together to ensure that Iona faculty are able to take full advantage of all information resources needed to help students move the world.
Faculty Library Services
- Contact your library liaison
- Put items on reserve for your course
- Schedule a library instruction class
- Reserve a room in the library and request catering
- Recommend a book purchase
- Learn about information literacy
- Resources for faculty publishing
- Request a form to appoint a Library Proxy Patron
Faculty IT Support
The Faculty Services team in the library will assist faculty with IT support. Faculty Services is located in Ryan Library just off the main lobby. Our team can assist faculty with the following:
- Navigating PeopleSoft
- Building content-rich courses in Blackboard
- Conducting virtual classes or capturing lectures in Zoom
- Managing the apps in Office 365
- Utilizing classroom technology
- Creating accessible documents
Our hours are 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or outside of those hours by appointment. We can be reached at 914-633-2626.
A link to the step-by-step instructions for the virtual classroom and Owl camera is available here.
HD Lecture Capture
If you have segments of a lecture that you would like to film in high-definition with a professional background, please contact Faculty Services using this form. Our team will review your request and follow-up at our earliest convenience.
To register for any of the upcoming workshops or to request a workshop for yourself or your department, please contact Jill Gross, Media & Digital Resources Librarian.