Technology Instructions for Room 201
Quick Tips: Projector and Wall Control Buttons
- Lower the screen by using switch on wall near the laptop.
- Use power button on the wall near the laptop. The projector will show the computer screen, by default.
- Video wall button projects the DVD/VCR. Press the COMP button to switch back to projecting the computer.
- Sound: Power on the receiver below DVD/VHS player in the podium. Use the Volume Knob on the receiver to change volume. Press VIDEO 1 for computer audio and VIDEO 2 for DVD/VHS audio. It will take 5 seconds for change to take effect. If there is no sound from computer, press F12 key or click the audio icon at the bottom right of the screen to unmute.
Using the Podium Computer (MacBook Laptop)
- To turn on the MacBook Laptop
- Press the power button located to the top right of keyboard.
- Logging in
- To log into Windows, press Control + Option (Alt) + Delete keys at the same time.
- Insert and Eject a CD or DVD on the Computer
- The thin slot for CDs and DVDs is located on the right side of the laptop. Eject a CD/DVD by pressing the eject key next to F12 (hold the key down for 1 second).
- Play a DVD on the Computer
- In Windows or Mac OS, wait until computer is started up. Push the DVD into the computer. It will begin playing automatically. If it does not play, click the orange play icon at bottom left of screen. Highlight the DVD and click Play.
- USB Ports (Flash drives)
- USB ports are located on the left-hand side of the laptop.
Using Your Own Laptop
- Make sure MacBook Laptop on podium is turned off. Plug VGA cord (not supplied) into laptop and connect to port on the podium. Turn on Projector using wall button. Set your laptop to output to the projector (varies by laptop). The sound from your laptop will not go through the speakers.
Play a DVD or VHS Tape in the Combo Unit
- Turn the projector on. Put the DVD or VHS Tape into the combinations DVD/VCR player. Then press Video button on the wall. Change the input on audio receiver (below VCR/DVD player) to VIDEO 2.
Eject DVD/CD: Keyboard button next to F12 (hold down for 1 second)
Sound: Turn on audio receiver in podium. Use the Volume Knob on the receiver to change volume.
Computer: If it will not turn on, make sure white power cord is plugged into top left side.
Projector: If projector does not display, make sure white projector cord is plugged into left side of computer. You must then RESTART computer.