This opportunity allows you to explore the history of London from the banks of the Thames and beyond. You will visit places connected to your coursework (Shakespeare’s Globe! Kensington Gardens! London Bridge!) and take in shows at some of London’s best venues. You will sample the pub life and markets for which the city is famous, take day trips outside the city (Oxford! Hampton Court Palace!), and still have plenty of time to wander the world’s greatest city on your own.
You must enroll in ENG 453 (Creative Nonfiction).
- Estimated Cost: $2,200-2,500
- This includes airfare; ground transportation between Iona and the airport, as well as in London; dorm-style lodging; several group meals; all shows, excursions, and museum admissions.
- Enroll in ENG 453 (Creative Nonfiction)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of departure
- Students under any active form of academic or disciplinary probation at the time of departure will not be permitted to participate in the program
Course Overview: ENG 453 (Creative Nonfiction)
Travel writing helps us explore our world and understand our place within it. In this course, we will tell the stories of our own journeys through London and the wider world. Along the way, we will look to the examples of writers who have visited many of the places we will explore together. And together we will reflect on what it means to be a traveler, not just a tourist. No prior creative writing experience necessary. Just bring an open mind and a sense of adventure.