An internship is a pre-professional short-term work experience that gives you "hands-on" experience in a particular field or industry. There are many advantages to completing one or more internships prior to graduation.
Why are internships important?
- Allows you to "test drive" a particular career path and clarify goals.
- When pursuing professional employment you will have developed skills and knowledge, which are marketable to employers.
- Internships can result in full-time job offers. You will gain potential networking contacts as well as professional references.
- Your course work makes more sense when related to hands-on work.
- Michael Kors
- MTV Networks
- Morgan Stanley
- Saturday Night Live
- Department of Homeland Security
- Major League Baseball
- John Stewart Show
- Ernest & Young
- World Wrestling Entertainment
- CBS News
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Manhattan District Attorney's Office
- White Plains Hospital