Who says practical experience must include a paycheck? Consider volunteering for all the reasons below!
- Develop job experience: Year-long volunteers are placed in schools and agencies as teachers, case managers, intake workers – opportunities that will build a résumé.
- Network: Volunteers will establish excellent connections with potential future employers and contacts.
- Experience personal rewards: Volunteers consistently say that their experiences were unforgettable and, in many cases, “life-changing.”
- Diversify résumé: A year of volunteer work may very well bring attention to your resume and help to distinguish it from another.
- Explore lifelong values: Volunteer service work and reflection provides ample opportunity to discover the values and issue that are of ultimate importance to one’s future life
For more information about year-long volunteer opportunities, contact our Office of Mission & Ministry.