Core Curriculum Requirements
All students are required to complete the Core Curriculum, which totals 46 credits. Your Core Curriculum courses are distributed across the following 7 areas of study:
- Columba Cornerstone Seminar: 4 credits
- English Composition: 3 credits
- Humanities (Philosophy, Religious Studies, Literature, History, Fine and Performing Arts): 15 credits (3 credits in each area)
- STEM (Math, Science, Computer Science): 9 credits (3 credits in each area)
- Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Business, Entrepreneurship: 6 credits
- Diversity, Cross-Cultural & Global Perspectives: 6 credits (3 of which must be in Foreign Language)
- Humanities Centerpiece Course* (English, History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Foreign Language): 3 credits
*Humanities Centerpiece Course is the focal class of your chosen Integrated Core Theme.
- You must choose and complete an Integrated Core Theme (ICT)
- You must complete courses that are designated as Writing Intensive (WI) and Oral Intensive (OI)
- Writing Intensive (WI): 2 courses
- Oral Intensive (OI): 2 courses
- A single course could be designated both WI and OI, and such a course would count toward both requirements!