Spend three weeks in Cascais, Portugal, European Innovation Academy (EIA). Become an innovator, learn what it takes to become a global entrepreneur and take part in a life changing experience - all while launching your own startup!
EIA is an educational non-profit organization with a mission to educate future entrepreneurs with the world’s most innovative, international and hands-on startup program. An emphasis is placed on professional growth and having a genuine startup experience. The program mimics the actual process that an entrepreneur would go through when forming a startup, from ideation to launch. It is a fantastic experience for people who are exploring the possibility of creating their own startup.
- Dates: Summer 2021
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2021 (Final Payment due March 31, 2021)
- Estimated Cost: $5,000
- Tuition: $1,550
- Accommodation: $1,600
- Meals & Transportation: $600
- Flight: $1,200
- Application fee: $50
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of departure
- Students under any active form of academic or disciplinary probation at the time of departure will not be permitted to participate in the program.
This accelerated program turns an idea into a startup in just 15 days! The goal of this course is to give students a hands-on, real-life experience creating a startup with students from around the world. It is designed to challenge participants to innovate, overcome obstacles, and grow rapidly.
Led by speakers, mentors and investors from top companies such as Google, Airbnb, Facebook, Adobe and Microsoft, students will be challenged and inspired to leverage their talents in order to achieve set goals.
Students will form teams of five and acquire the skills and know-how to develop their idea from the conceptual stage to the marketplace. Set in a learning environment that mimics current and anticipates future workplace conditions, students will learn how to work on cross-functional and virtual teams with crowdsourced work tasks, how to navigate a multicultural workforce, and how organization, planning and communication skills play into a successful career.
This course provides 3 credits and fulfills the ENT 200 or ENT 302 requirements.
Week 1: Ideation & Team Formation
- The first week is developed together with faculty from UC Berkeley. The goal is to form multidisciplinary international teams and validate the next $10 billion idea.
Week 2: Prototype & Marketing Plan
- The second week is developed with partners from Google. The goal is to design and launch the product as well as map a go-to-market strategy.
Week 3: Launch & Pitching
- The third week is all about acquiring first 1000 users and pitching to a panel of Silicon Valley VCs. The panel is led by partners from Stanford University.