Iona in Mission
Iona in Mission offers short-term domestic and international immersion experiences to the students, alumni, staff, and faculty of Iona College. Through the mission trips, participants move away from a global culture of indifference by engaging in service with the poor and marginalized while being immersed in different cultures. Upon returning to Iona, participants share their experience and the social reality of the host communities to foster action and deepen relationships of solidarity.
Iona in Mission trips aim to:
- Build relationships of solidarity with people made poor and marginalized
- Learn about issues of poverty and injustice
- Integrate mind, body, and spirit through service and reflection
- Foster awareness of the Edmund Rice Story and Network
- Connect local and global realities
Immersion trips are offering during winter break, spring break and summer.