All regular full-time, part-time, and volunteer employees are eligible to join the Academic Federal Credit Union (AFCU).
You can apply online fast, simple, and secure at the Academic Federal Credit Union Website. You can also pick up an application in the Human Resources office. In addition to the application, you will need to submit a copy of your driver’s license or another form of Photo ID, along with a payment of $25 which covers the one-time $5 membership fee and the $20 minimum deposit to open a savings account.
The Academic Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that provides all the same services as a bank. The difference is that the money earned by the Credit Union is redistributed back to the members in the form of higher dividends on savings accounts, lower interest rates on loans, and less fees.
The AFCU serves over 18 educational institutions in New York State. Your money is protected by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government, which regulates all Federal Credit Unions and insures all accounts in the Academic FCU up to $250,000 per account.
The Academic Federal Credit Union offers a large and varied array of products and services:
- Vacation Club Accounts
- Christmas Club Accounts
- Checking (Share Draft) Accounts
- Term Share Certificates (CD's)
- IRA CD's
Free Checking Accounts
The Academic FCU offers Free Checking Accounts featuring:
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Free debit card
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free mobile banking app for your smartphone
- Free ATM access at over 50,000 ATMs – see a complete listing in your ZIP code
- Earns interest
- Earns Reward Points on everyday purchases
- New and Used Vehicle Loans
- Vehicle Lease-like Options
- Lease Buy-Outs
- Lines-Of-Credit and Overdraft Protection
- Signature Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Disaster Recovery Loans
- Fully and Partially Secured Loans
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- The ALL Loan
- VISA Classic, Gold and Platinum Cards
- Debit Cards with ATM access
- Online banking with bill pay
- Mobile banking app for your smartphone
- Personalized attention from a small and helpful staff
- Direct Deposit of paychecks
- Payroll Deduction for savings and payment of loans
- Banking by phone
- MVCP - Motor Vehicle Certification Program
- Insurance discounts
- Entertainment books
- Amusement Park discounts
To join the Credit Union, contact the Office for Human Resources at (914) 633-2496.
AFCU Contact Information
425 North State Road
Briarcliff, NY 10510
Phone: (914) 923-3608
Fax: (914) 923-3635
For questions or suggestions, please contact the Office for Human Resources at (914) 633-2496.