Residential Life Student Employment
If you are looking for a leadership position on campus, we offer leadership and employment opportunities to undergraduate students through our resident assistant and front desk attendant positions.
Come work with us!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Resident Assistant at Iona University! Below you will find information about the Resident Assistant Recruitment Process for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Current full-time student
- Will have sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student status for 2024-2025
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative G.P.A
- In good judicial standing
All candidates must attend one information session to complete the application.
- October 24, Noon-1 p.m., End Zone
- October 26, 7-8 p.m., McGrath
- November 1, 12:30-1:30 p.m., McGrath
- November 2, Noon-1 p.m., McGrath
- November 8, 7-8 p.m., North 6th Floor Lounge
- November 14, Noon-1 p.m., McGrath
- November 16, Noon-1 p.m., Romita Auditorium
- December 5, 7-8 p.m., North 6th Floor Lounge
- December 6, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Romita Auditorium
- December 7, 3-4 p.m., (Virtual)
- January 10, Noon-1 p.m., (Virtual)
- January 17, 12:30-1:30 p.m., McGrath
Application packets will be emailed following the information session.
Resident Assistant Selection Process Timeline
Friday, January 19, 2024 – Submit your Application form online
Saturday, February 3, 2024 – Group Process interviews held from 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Wednesday, February 7–Friday, February 16, 2024 – Individual interviews will be scheduled for 30-minute blocks between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Monday, February 19–Wednesday, February 21, 2024 – Second round interviews with Director Aaron Harman will be scheduled for 30-minute blocks between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Monday, February 26, 2024 - Decision letters will be emailed
Questions regarding the Resident Assistant application process or if you are studying abroad for the Spring 2024 semester, please contact Assistant Director Rebecca Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Act as a liaison between students, visitors, guests and staff. Take the opportunity to meet new people, gain work experience and develop leadership skills.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and security of all students in the residence halls;
- Sorting and distributing mail and packages for our residential community;
- Providing high quality customer service to students and guests.
For questions regarding the front desk attendant position, please contact the Office of Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (914) 633-2336.