Office of Student Success
You’re not alone – we’re here to help!
Through academic counseling and personal support, the Office of Student Success strives to assist students in their adjustment to academic life. We are here to listen and talk through challenges students may face, whether they be academic, social or personal, and provide outreach to students who are struggling with academics and attendance in order to assist them in getting back on track.
The Office of Student Success can guide you toward and connect you with the resources, programs and services that promote a successful transition towards graduation. We work closely with the Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center, the College Assistance Program, the Accessibility Services Office, the Counseling Center, Career Development and the Advising Center.
Together, we help ensure that students reach their full potential and cultivate the necessary skills to become lifelong learners.
Become an IC Success Peer Mentor
Are you a current IC Success Student or an undergraduate student in good academic standing who will have junior or senior status in fall 2021? If so, we encourage you to apply to become an IC Success Peer Mentor for the fall 2021 semester! This paid position is a great opportunity to help your fellow classmates and practice the Iona motto of "Gaels Take Care of Gaels"!
Applications are open until March 12 and all applicants will hear back from us no later than March 19.
- Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center: The Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center provides academic support to our students in a positive and welcoming environment by providing individualized and group tutoring.
- College Assistance Program: Our College Assistance Program (CAP) offers comprehensive support and services for students with diagnosed learning disabilities, AD/HD, traumatic brain injuries or are on the autism spectrum.
- Accessibility Services Office: Iona's Accessibility Services Office (ASO) is committed to ensuring equal educational access and opportunity for all enrolled students.
- Center for Advising and Academic Services: The Center for Advising and Academic Services empowers students to find their own path and then guides them toward majors in which they can find success.
- Iona College Emergency Fund: The Iona College Emergency Fund seeks to assist students by providing financial support intended to prevent students from leaving the College for emergency financial reasons. Current Iona College students may apply for funds when they are experiencing a financial barrier or obstacle and have exhausted all other resources. This is limited to student requests only. Requests will be reviewed by a committee within 48 hours after receipt during business working hours.
Office of Student Success
Phone: (914) 633-2639
Felicia D. Colangelo, Associate Director
Seminars for Success
Hosted periodically throughout the semester from 3:30-4:30 PM. All seminars will be held virtually via Zoom.