Office of Student Success
You’re not alone – we’re here to help!
Through academic counseling and personal support, the Office of Student Success strives to assist students in their adjustment to academic life. We are here to listen and talk through challenges students may face, whether they be academic, social or personal, and provide outreach to students who are struggling with academics and attendance in order to assist them in getting back on track.
The Office of Student Success can guide you toward and connect you with the resources, programs and services that promote a successful transition towards graduation. We work closely with the Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center, the Comprehensive Assistance Program, the Accessibility Services Office, the Counseling Center, Career Development and the Advising Center.
Together, we help ensure that students reach their full potential and cultivate the necessary skills to become lifelong learners.
- Seminars for Success: Join us to discuss important topics such as academic planning, budgeting, time management and more!
- Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center: The Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center provides academic support to our students in a positive and welcoming environment by providing individualized and group tutoring.
- Comprehensive Assistance Program: Our Comprehensive Assistance Program (CAP) offers comprehensive support and services for students with diagnosed learning disabilities, AD/HD, traumatic brain injuries or are on the autism spectrum.
- Accessibility Services Office: Iona's Accessibility Services Office (ASO) is committed to ensuring equal educational access and opportunity for all enrolled students.
- Center for Advising and Academic Services: The Center for Advising and Academic Services empowers students to find their own path and then guides them toward majors in which they can find success.
- Iona University Emergency Fund: The Iona University Emergency Fund seeks to assist students by providing financial support intended to prevent students from leaving the University for emergency financial reasons. Current Iona University students may apply for funds when they are experiencing a financial barrier or obstacle and have exhausted all other resources. This is limited to student requests only. Requests will be reviewed by a committee within 7-10 business days after receipt during business working hours.
Seminars for Success
All Seminars take place from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Romita Auditorium located in Ryan Library.
What Went Wrong?
Presented by Marissa Sannella, Rudin Center & Felicia Diaz Colangelo, Student Success
- Monday, September 11
- Thursday, September 14
Planning your Academic Career
Presented by Stephen Scollard & Patti Ingraham, Advising Center
- Monday, September 25
- Thursday, September 28
Gain Control of Your Free Time (Time Management/Study Skills)
Presented by Hester Fenemore, Rudin Center
- Monday, October 9
- Thursday, October 12
Where the Money Goes, the Energy Flows
Presented by Shante Johnston, SFS
- Monday, November 6 and
- Thursday, November 9
Presented by the Counseling Center
- Monday, December 4
- Thursday, December 7
General Email: email@example.com
Phone: (914) 633-2271
Felicia D. Colangelo, Director
Sara Osorio, Assistant Director of Student Success